How to Check Credit Score?
You can get a credit score from several agencies in India. One such agency is the Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited, authorised by the Reserve Bank of India. It issues credit scores and ratings of individuals.
As per the guidelines by RBI, every agency is mandated to provide a free CIBIL score check to an individual once a year.
To check credit score online, follow the following steps:
- Login to the CIBIL website by clicking here.
- Submit a request to receive your CIBIL score for a business loan.
- After submitting a request, provide the requisite documents, such as identification and address proof.
- Make a payment to CIBIL if it is not your first credit report in the given year. However, if you are checking your report for the first time in the year, it is free for you.
- Lastly, the credit report will be sent online via mail.
You can also check your credit report offline by personally visiting the bureau and furnishing all the required documents. Once the identification and documentation are authenticated, the report will be provided.