MSME Registration Process
MSME registration can be done from the official website udyamregistration.gov.in. There are two categories available for MSME registration.
- For new entrepreneurs who aren't registered yet as MSME
- For those already having registration as UAM or having registration as UAM through the assisted filling.
For New Entrepreneurs who are not Registered yet as MSME
New entrepreneurs need to click the button 'For New Entrepreneurs who are not Registered yet as MSME' shown on the home page for registering MSME. There are two ways to register your business under MSME.
- Registration With PAN Card
- Registration Without PAN Card
Remember, you'll need an Aadhaar card number to do MSME registration.
Registration With PAN Card
Click on the 'For New Entrepreneurs who are not Registered yet as MSME' button on the homepage of the government portal, it will redirect to the registration page where you will have to enter your 'Aadhaar number' and 'Name of Entrepreneur'. After submitting these details click on the 'Validate and Generate OTP Button'. After submitting the OTP, the PAN verification page opens.
The portal automatically fills the PAN details on the page from the government database, if the applicant has the PAN card. The applicant will have to fill in ITR details himself.
After submitting PAN details, a message will show as 'Udyam Registration has already been done through this PAN' and the business person needs to click the 'Validate PAN' button.
After PAN verification, the Udyam Registration box will appear where entrepreneurs need to fill in the required details about him and the plant or industry.
Once the details are filled in, click the 'Submit and Get Final OTP'. A message of successful registration with a reference number will be shown. The Udyam Registration Certificate will be issued after the verification of registration.
Registration Without PAN Card
To register for MSME without a PAN card click the button 'For New Entrepreneurs who are not Registered yet as MSME' and it will redirect to the registration page where you will be asked to enter the Aadhaar number and the name of the entrepreneur. After submitting these details click the 'Validate and Generate OTP Button'. Submit the OPT that you get to open the PAN verification page.
Click the 'No' option under the heading 'Do you have PAN?' and then the 'Next' button.
The Udyam Registration page opens when you click the 'Next' button. There you will have to fill in personal details along with business details.
Once the details are filled in, click the 'Final Submit' button and a thank your message will show with the registration number.
Registration For Entrepreneurs Already Having EM-II Or UAM
For those already having registration as EM-II or UAM, they need to click “For those having registration as EM-II or UAM” or “For those having registration as EM-II or UAM through Assisted filing”. After clicking a page will open where they need to enter the Udyog Aadhar number and select the OPT option.
There is two option to get OTP:
- OTP on email as filled in UAM
- OTP on email as filled UAM
After choosing the option-click the button Validate and Generate OTP. After submitting OTP and other registration details, the udyam registration will be complete.
Documents Required for MSME Registration Online
Following are the documents need for MSME registration free online:
- Aadhaar card
- Rent agreement
- Property paper
- Cancelled Cheque
- Company Registration i.e., Sale or Purchase Bill and PAN card
- Business address proof
- Partnership deed (for partnership firms)
- Memorandum of Association (for companies)
- Articles of Association (for companies).
Benefits of MSME Registration
- The low interest rate on business loan
- Allow credit for minimum alternate tax (MAT) for up to 15 years
- Concession in electricity bills
- Increase chances to get government tenders as Udyam Registration Portal is integrated with Government e-Marketplace and other State Government portals
- One time settlement fee for the unpaid amount for MSME
- Compensation of ISO certificate expenditure
- Can easily get licenses, approvals and registrations for businesses
- Gets exemption under Direct Tax Laws
- Bar code registration subsidy
- Support from your state government
Components of MSME Application Form
- Aadhar number
- Name of Entrepreneur as per Aadhar card
- Social category (General, OBC, SC/ST)
- Physically Handicapped
- Name of Enterprise
- Type of Organization (Proprietorship, Partnership Firm, Private or Public Limited Company, Limited Liability Partnership, Cooperative Society, Hindu Undivided Family, Self-Help Group, Society or Trust)
- PAN Card
- Location/Address of Plant
- Country, State, District, City, Tehsil, PIN Code
- Office Address
- Mobile Number, Email ID
- Date of Commencement of Business
- Bank account number and IFSC code
- Business activity of the enterprise
- NIC 2 Digit Code – choose the primary activity
- Additional detail of the enterprise
- Number of employees
- Investment amount in Plant & Machinery
How to Check MSME Registration Status by Number and Name?
- Step 1: To check MSME application status, applicants can visit the MSME registration official portal or click here.
- Step 2: Enter your 12 digit UAM number and captcha code.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Verify’ to check the status of MSME registration online.
Steps to Print/Download Udyog Aadhaar / MSME Registration Certificate Online
- Step 1: To print Udyog Aadhaar / MSME registration certificate, an applicant can click here to fill in the required details.
- Step 2: Enter your 12 digit UAM No. i.e. DL05A4568686
- Step 3: After that fill the mobile number, as per Udyog Aadhaar Certificate
- Step 4: After submitting these details, applicants can download or print their Udyog Aadhaar / MSME registration certificate
Note: Update or correction in MSME certificate is free similar to registration.
MSME Schemes Launched by the Government
There are some MSME schemes that the government has launched:
- Technology And Quality Upgradation Scheme - This scheme will be helpful for MSMEs when they want to use energy-efficient technologies (EETs) in manufacturing units to lower the cost of production.
- Grievance Monitoring System - The business owners can check the status of their complaints after registering under this scheme.
- Incubation - This scheme helps entrepreneurs to implement their new ideas, concept or products.
- Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme - Under this scheme, new technology is provided to the business owners to replace their outdated technology.
- Zero Defect Zero Effect - Under this scheme, the government ensure the product made by MSMEs meet a specific standard.
- Women Entrepreneurship – This scheme was launched to encourage ladies to start their own business by offering business loan for women.
- Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum Scheme – Under this scheme, MSMEs can avail of business loans for MSMEs, credit, and government subsidies