Benefits of the PM SVAnidhi Scheme
- Can avail working capital loan up to Rs.10000
- To incentivize regular repayment
- To reward digital transactions
PM SVAnidhi Scheme Interest Rates
- In the case of Scheduled Commercial Banks, Regional Rural Banks (RRBs), Small Finance Banks (SFBs), Cooperative Banks SHG Banks, the rates will be as per their prevailing rates of interest.
- In respect of MFIs (non NBFC) other lender categories not covered under the RBI guidelines, interest rates under the scheme would be applicable as per the extant RBI guidelines for NBFC-MFIs.
- In the case of NBFC, NBFC-MFIs, etc., interest rates will be as per RBI guidelines for the respective lender category.
- The vendors, availing loans under the scheme, are eligible to get an interest subsidy of 7%.
Eligibility of States/UTs
The PM SVAnidhi scheme is available for beneficiaries belonging to only those States/UTs which have notified Rules and Scheme under Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014. Beneficiaries from Meghalaya, which has its own State Street Vendors Act may, however, participate.
Pre-Application Steps of SVAnidhi Scheme
Here are three step processes to follow before starting the online application process:
- Understand the loan application requirements
- Make sure your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar
- Check your eligibility status as per scheme term and condition
How to Apply For PM SVANidhi Scheme
Step 1:- Visit the official website of PM SVAnidhi at: https://pmsvanidhi.mohua.gov.in/
Step 2:- Next you need to download the PM SVAnidhi application form.
Step 3:- Select the vendor category that you are eligible for
Step 4:- Fill the loan application form. Make sure your mobile number is linked with Aadhar card.
Step 5:- Fill in the required details and submit.
How to Check Your Survey Status
To check your survey status, go through the following steps:
- Step 1:- Login in to the official PM SVANidhi website https://pmsvanidhi.mohua.gov.in/
- Step 2:- Click on the option ‘Street Vendor Survey Search’.
- Step 3:- Under this, you will have to fill in the requested fields like State, ULB Name, Vendor Id Card Number, Certificate of Vending No., Name of Street Vendor, Father’s Name/Spouse Name and Mobile Number.
- Step 4:- Once filled, you can click ‘Search’ to check your survey status.
The scheme is a Central Sector Scheme i.e. completely funded by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs to help street vendors to stand tall against the crisis. Street vendors represent a very important constituent of the urban informal economy and play a significant role in ensuring availability of the goods and services at affordable rates at the doorstep of the city dwellers.
They are known as vendors, hawkers, thelewala, rehriwala, theliphadwala etc. in different areas/ contexts. The goods supplied by them include vegetables, fruits, ready-to-eat street food, tea, pakodas, breads, eggs, textile, apparel, footwear, artisan products, books/ stationery etc. The services include barber shops, cobblers, pan shops, laundry services etc.
The COVID-19 pandemic and consequent lockdowns have adversely impacted the livelihoods of street vendors. They usually work with a small capital base and might have consumed the same during the lockdown. Therefore, there is an urgent need to provide credit for working capital to street vendors to resume their business.