Documents Required for Aadhar Card
The documents needed for Aadhar card include two types of documents – address proof and identity proof. The following two documents will work for the same:
- Address Proof: passport, ration card, voter ID card, driving license, etc.
- Identification Proof: PAN card, birth certificate, etc.
How to Apply for Aadhar Card?
An individual can enrol for Aadhar card online as well as offline. The steps to apply for Aaadhar online are as follows:
- Visit the nearest Aadhar enrolment centre.
- Fill the Aadhar card form with all the relevant details.
- Provide all the documents required.
- Give the biometrics and lastly, collect acknowledgement slip.
Online Method to Apply for Aadhar Card
- Visit the official Aadhar website.
- Fill the Aadhar loan.
- Upload the required documents.
- Provide biometrics – fingerprint and iris scan.
- Get acknowledgement slip.
Notably, the Aadhar card is free of cost.
A minor or newborn Aadhar card is called Baal Aadhar. It is a blue coloured Aadhar card that does not have any biometric information like iris scan and fingerprint.
How to Get Baal Aadhar?
Follow the following steps to apply for Baal Aadhar card:
- Visit the official UIDAI website to find the nearest enrolment centre.
- Visit the centre with a copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- It is compulsory to have one of the parents Aadhar cards for authentication. Notably, the Baal Aadhar is linked to the parent’s Aadhar.
- Fill the Aadhar application with all the relevant details and mobile number.
If the child is below five years of age, no biometrics will be taken. However, a photograph of the child will be taken for the Aadhar card.
- Collect the acknowledgement slip after completing the steps mentioned above.
- A verification SMS will be sent to the linked number, after which the Aadhar card will be sent to the address.
How to Check Aadhar Card Status?
It is effortless to check Aadhar status as all the applicant has to do is to log in to the official UIDAI website. Next, click on the Aadhar card check status under the Aadhar enrolment tab. Lastly, enter the enrolment number printed on the acknowledgement slip to know the status of the Aadhar card.
How to Download or Print the Aadhar Card?
After successfully enrolling for Aadhar card, the applicant can download the Aadhar card online and get it printed. It is known as e-Aadhar and is equally accepted everywhere. The applicant can visit the UIDAI website to download the Aadhar card.
Online Aadhar Card Verification
Yes, now it is possible to verify Aadhar online. Just follow the following steps:
- Visit the UIDAI website.
- Choose the Aadhar services on the page and select Aadhar verification on the page.
- Enter the 12-digits Aadhar number.
- OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Submit the application.
How to Update Aadhar?
An individual is required to update Aadhar card for two main reasons, change in demographics (such as name, marital status, etc.) and biometric data.
In order to support details on Aadhar card, there is a requirement for support documents. The applicant can update the Aadhar card by visiting the UIDAI website or Aadhar enrolment centre.
How to Link Aadhar PAN?
An applicant can link Aadhar card with PAN by sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161. Type UIDPAN <12-digit Aadhar> <10-digit PAN> and send it. Notably, the applicant has to send the message from the registered number. Or else, the user can also visit the Income Tax e-filing website for PAN Aadhar link. The following are the steps for the same:
- Visit Income Tax site.
- Provide Aadhar number, PAN number, and the name as per mentioned in the Aadhar card.
- Tick on the square if only the year of birth is mentioned in the Aadhar card.
Enter the captcha code, and the OTP sent on the registered mobile number.
- Click on the button – Link Aadhaar.
Aadhar Card FAQs
1. I have lost my Aadhaar letter. Can I get a reprint?
Yes, you can get a duplicate Aadhar card by downloading the same from the UIDAI website.
2. I do not have any document as proof for my current home address. Can I still update my address on my Aadhaar?
No, there is a need for documents to prove the address.
3. I want to update my name on my Aadhaar card. Can I update it online through SSUP (Self Service Update Portal)?
Yes, you can update the information by visiting https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/.
4. How long is the Aadhaar card valid?
Aadhar card is valid for a lifetime.
5. Are Aadhaar card and e-Aadhaar the same thing?
Yes, both are the same thing. The information on them is the same, and both are equally acceptable.
6. What information does e-Aadhaar QR code contain?
The QR code of Aadhar contains demographic details, such as name, address, date of birth, gender, etc. It contains a photograph as well.
7. Is it necessary to link PAN and Aadhaar in order to file my income tax returns?
Yes, the Supreme Court has mandated linking PAN and Aadhar to file income tax returns.
8. Do I need to carry original documents when updating my information at an Enrolment Centre?
Yes, you need to carry the original documents as they are scanned for validation.
9. My first application for Aadhaar card was rejected, can I re-apply for it?
Yes, you can reapply for an Aadhar card by visiting the enrollment centre.
Apply for Business Loan